Wednesday 4 April 2012

A Day of Book Signing!

Nope, not my own book signing (maybe in the future?!), but one with the lovely Jodi Piccoult, author of My Sister's Keeper, Plain Truth and The Pact. I saw her in Chelmsford today, and she was incredibly smiley, chatty and bubbly. Unfortunately for me and my star-struck friend, we felt a bit too bamboozled to ask the famous author any questions, but I did manage to get my copy of My Sister's Keeper signed (see below!)

This was the first real book signing I'd ever really been to... I did get a book signed by the author of Home Farm Twins once when I was 9, but it didn't feel like much of an achievement as I wasn't hugely enamoured with the books at the time!

What's been the best book signing event you've ever been to? Did you get time to ask the author any questions (or desperately wanted to, but felt too shy?!)

I met Jacqueline Wilson once when I worked at Waterstone's in 2007. I kick myself for not being more proactive and asking her to sign my, extremely tattered but very, very well loved, copies of her books, and throw some generic fangirl gushings her way. Ah well. She said I looked very nice and colourful that day, which I suppose isn't something too bad to suffice with!

(Oh, and because she was so lovely today, I'd like to give a heads-up to any Jodi fans, or those looking for new reading material. Jodi's new book, Lone Wolf, has recently been published, and according to my friend, it's a cracker! Just thought I'd mention, in case I get any visitors coming my way!)

1 comment: