Saturday 4 February 2012

Welcome, potential members of the Tree community!

Welcome to The Literary Tree project! My aim is to pass words between hands, and ideas between minds, from all over the globe. I want to encourage a like-minded community of book lovers, writers and readers, and what better way to do so than through sharing our books and thoughts with each other?

Like me, do you despair at the amount of finished (or even unread) books you have languishing in boxes or gathering dust on your shelves? Do you have the urge to spout on and on endlessly about your obsessions with a new fictional character, but not sure where to turn to? So much love, words and ideas going to waste! So I devised this project, in the hope that no good book gets left unloved, and that we can all share our literary passions with one-another more easily.

The objective of this project is simple: once you finish a book, tell us about it! Then arrange to swap your book with another member of the project, for one they have also just finished (or even left unfinished... I think we're all guilty of this!)

I hope you will join me in the quest to get everyone reading! Our efforts may only be small, but one novel alone could have been someone's lifetime labour of love, and I want to be able to spread that.

Thank you, and happy reading!

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago.  The next best time is now.  ~Chinese Proverb

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Alex
    Thank you for making me a contact on Flickr. I found your blog from your Flickr profile, and I see we have something else in common - books and reading!
    You might be interested in a site called Bookcrossing. I have been a member for several years: http://www.bookcrossing.com/mybookshelf

    You can find people to swap books with there, you can leave them for strangers to find, or you can just read them and write about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, and thank you for commenting!! My first comment - how exciting (!!)

    You're welcome; I love Flickr, and I really enjoyed looking at your pictures. Thank you for the link you gave me - it really looks like a brilliant website! I'll definitely try to become active in it soon.

    I still like the idea of trying to swap books with like-minded people through this blog, no matter how small scale it is compared with other attempts! So if you'd ever like to exchange something, do let me know!

    Once again, thank you for your kind comments, and I'll look forward to hearing from you/seeing your photographs in the future!

    All the best,
    Alex XXX

    ReplyDelete